Friday, March 18, 2011

Colorful Coconut Burfi on the festival of colors


Good wishes for a colorful Holi with a plenty of peace and prosperity. So here I am back with a long slumber. Although I thought of taking little break due to some other priorities but didn’t thought it will become too long break. Thanks to my few but very strong followers, who kept me reminding of my blog. On this festive occasion, I thought to start back with some colorful sweets.  I always go for short and easy recipes when it comes for sweets. This coconut burfi requires a minimal cooking of five minutes if you have the condensed milk.


Ingredients: 2 Cup dry coarsely grated coconut, ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk, few food colors,5-6 crushed cardamom.
Method:  Mix grated coconut, condensed milk and cardamom in a microwave safe bowl. Cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes in a microwave. Divide the mixture in 3-4 parts and mix the gel based food colors separately in each part. Now you can make the colorful burfis with these different colors. Different color mixture can be spread in layers on a greased plate and burfi can be cut into desired shapes. You can also make a ball of various colors in layers and cut it into round pieces.



So my dear neighbour friends get ready, I am coming with the box of sweets and colors.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely and colourful idea...I love that you used sprinkles on top of burfi..very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holi Anju ....Good to see u back after ur long slumber. Oh I'll miss the sweets :) But they look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me.