Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Karvachauth-Ladies special day

In my first post regarding my festive mood, I talked about few of my strange cravings and the strangest was the urge to buy some traditional outfits. So to satisfy this craving I tried searching latest movies that are loaded with heavy traditional fashion show but unfortunately movie makers are making movies with a different trend  these days so ended up watching few dance songs on you tube. During my New Jersey trip I also did some window shopping with a hope of finding something good and suitable to my taste but that was useless. Later in the evening at my friend’s house, I tried searching for the Saas-Bahu serials to have look of the latest fashion trend but to my dismay these days they have changed the trend of serials as well. Most of the serials aired on Indian channels these days are trying to depict the Rajasthani culture and traditions but distorting the fact to quite an extent.  Being a Rajasthani, I am not happy with the way they try to reflect my culture in their serials. Ok let’s not sit in the criticizing mood and continue to our festive mood.



                                                 After seeing the title of this post, I don’t think I will have to explain the reason for my strong urge of shopping. Yes, it’s for Karvachauth. In northern India, Karvachauth is the festival when ladies or I should say their husbands and in-laws adore them with lots of shopping, mehendi and no work for the whole day. In fact J mehendi itself is an excuse to take full rest on Karvachauth.To add some festiveness to my blog, I went to an extent of going to my friend Ritu’s house with camera to get some pictures of her vast bangles collection that you can see in above pic.


Festivals are never complete without the sweets and I always go for the short cuts when it comes to sweets. So for Karvacauth I decided to make my favorite karvacauth special Fenni, instead I should say simply decorate it because I didn’t have to do much in making Fenni. Fenni base are available in stores and you have to only soak them in chashni. In fact I should say thanks to my fried Shruti, who gave me idea of soaking Fenni in chashni when she saw me this crazy for this sweet few days back.



Dahi-vade is something that is made in all the festivals in my family as almost every  family member is fond of dahi-vade.                         

                                                        

10 comments:

  1. Awesome post!! lovely and colourful pictures...Everything is done beautifully keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anju hope u saw the moon as it was cloudy ......... Beautiful post. A lovely combination of all the good things in life !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Anju,loved reading your post,happy festivities...

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. please post some good ideas for diwali like i can make before one day bcoz i dont like to work in kitchen on diwali.feeni looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post..a lovely read too! love the bangle collection and mehndi designs..very nicely done n presented..Happy festivities!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat a festive spread,looks fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog to share this type of traditional life style.
    keep posting latest updates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.. I had to comment.. I love dahi wadas..

    PS - this is indeed a beautiful post.. and you've got a lovely blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me.