Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chilla from Kuttu Flour


In one of my previous posts about Vrat food, I made kuttu ka parantha. To make puri and parantha from kuttu flour is bit tough as this flour don’t bind easily. My mother use to make lot of falahar food for my grandmother and instead of puri and  parantha, she use to make this chilla very often as it’s easy to make and can be made in a little oil with a good non-stick pan. You can make the chilla from kuttu flour, just the way you make besan chilla or the pan cakes.
Ingredients: Kuttu Flour 1 cup, water ½ cup, 1-2 chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves, 1 tbsp chopped tomato, sendha namak per taste, crushed black pepper,  ½ tbsp oil.
Method: Mix the chopped chilli, coriander, tomato and water in kuttu flour to make a thick consistency batter. On the hot pan pour this batter and spread it evenly. Cook the chilla from both sides on medium heat. This chilla can be served with various chutneys.

3 comments:

  1. Nice recipe.. surely will give it a shot dear.. by the way plate looks so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chillas ,I think they are very nutritious n also easy to make when you are in a rush..must try this one!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me.