Monday, October 11, 2010

Makhane ki Kheer


As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I am not a big fan of fasting and fasting food myself. But to help some of my fasting friends and all my blogs visitors, I finally decided to introduce Falahar or Vrat ka khana till the end of Navratri. So today I am here with “Makhane ki Kheer”. I am quite sure that some people might have not even heard about Makhana as it’s not generally used in much of the recipes. Makhana is a white color, fluffy and light weight dry fruit.


Ingredients: Makhane 1 cup, Milk 4 cup, Chopped dry fruits ½ cup, Sugar per taste, 4-5 crushed cardamom, Few Saffron flakes.
Method: Soak the Saffron flakes in 1 tbsp water. Dry roast the Makhane on medium flame for 6-7 minutes and keep aside. In a heavy bottom pan, boil the milk till the time it reduces to half. Now mix the Makhane, dry fruits, sugar, cardamom and saffron water. Tastes best when served chilled.
         

Makhane can also be dry roasted and used as mid day snacks with other dry fruits.
              

6 comments:

  1. Anju love this post ... Makhane ka kheer is quite new to me. The clicks are awesome .... not to forget the serving dish. It adds grandeur ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and fabulous kheer, very new to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anju love your recipe and the photos.Its very new to me.MMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice recipe
    I added milkmaid too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice recipe
    I added milkmaid too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I¡¦ve read several excellent stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much effort you put to make one of these excellent informative web site.
    rice manufacturers in usa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me.