Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Festive Food


In my previous post I was talking about my strange cravings so my another craving that I have realized yet is not a strange but a common one, to eat few of my favorite sweets like Fenni and Patisa but as these are not so famous sweets so I didn’t had any hope of finding them in US .With all these cravings going inside me, luckily a long planned and a long delayed trip to New Jersey helped to satisfy little bit of these cravings with little window shopping in Indian Outfit shops  and some shopping from the famous “Sukhadia Sweets”. And Yes I was also able to find my favorite sweet Fenni  but as the Indian Sweets becomes quite expensive when they sit on the shelf of some famous sweets shop in US so I was not able to get my huge supply of Fenni.  I will be talking more about festive food and sweets, as and when I try my hands on other preparation for Diwali. Although I am not a big fan of sweets so experimenting on sweets is not my cup of tea but I do make the sweets for my sweet little devil and hubby dear with the help of all that Ready and Instant Mixes. So to celebrate my festive mood I started with Jalebi, one of my son’s favorite sweets although the shapes were not perfect but the taste was quite satisfying.

I hope above pic will add more to the festive mood by reminding the sweets shop in India with big kadhai and various sweets being prepared in front of sweet shops.


5 comments:

  1. i tried couple of time to make jelabi but it was a flop show ..u made them nicely . kudos to u

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the Dhara ad ..... 'Ghar mein mummy garma garam jalebi banayi hai' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the festival and all the festivities...Jalebi looks tempting

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks tempting and a good try. Haapy festivals
    http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little devil is encouraging me to make JALEBI, through his friend so better next time share yr tasty JALEBI with one more tiffin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me.