Monday, October 4, 2010

Bharwan Baingan


I have always seen my mother using coarse onions paste and various dry masala powders for making the filling for stuffed vegetables. But with onion one has to fry the masala before stuffing it in vegetables. This time I was not in a mood of long pre-cooking preparation and it’s also irritating some times to soil the mixer-grinder just for a spoonful of onion paste so I decided to make my stuffed Baingan without any hard work. I used frozen pre-grated coconut, pre-roasted and pre-grinded peanuts along with all the dry masala. J The reason I am using “pre” as prefix for most of the words is that I generally keep things like peanuts roasted and grated in advance to quickly use them for chutneys and gravies.

2 comments:

  1. looks cruispy and crunchy would love to have it right now.
    http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me.