Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Festive mood

With all the festivals round the corner, I am already feeling high in my festive mood. I know some people may find it bit strange with one full month still left for Diwali but in my family, my native place festive season starts with the beginning of October. I think October and November are full of festivals in most parts of India. Also it’s almost two years now that I have been to India and this may be the reason for my “extreme super high festive mood”. I think I have explained enough about my festive mood and how I am feeling with the few adjectives all placed together.

                                                          From last few days I was having some strange cravings like to surf the Indian websites for heavy traditional outfits and to do some online shopping, watch some good movie loaded with traditional fashion show like “Hum Sath-Sath hain”. When this movie was released, people criticized it a lot and named it a fashion show of heavy jewelries and traditional outfits. And let me admit it frankly  even I was part of that group but to my surprise few days back I myself was craving to watch such movie.  It was while changing the linens of my living room last week that I realized about my festive mood. I had a sudden urge of putting some traditional touches to my living room. So did I realized that October has already started and so do the festive season. I will be talking more about my strange and funny cravings in next few posts but to start with, I am simply putting a picture of one corner of my current apartment  that’s reminding me of the Indian homes decorated during this festive season with a warm welcome message.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely write up ..... yah the festival time :) I love the second click.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW!!Amazing click nd beautifully described,Its high time as festivals all around.Ur narrative are interesting so keep posting them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!Festival season has arrived...love the second picture... looks so festive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me.