Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chow-Mein


Recipe for Chow-Mein is quite simple and is very clear from the picture. Moreover Chow-Mein is very common Chinese dish and almost everyone have their own style of cooking it. So here instead of recipe I will share some of my fond memories related with Chinese food. Chinese Food is one of my old-time favorite and experimenting on Chinese food was my first venture into the kitchen. One of my aunts used to live in Northern-eastern states of India. During the vacations she used to bring all the varieties of noodles and Chinese seasonings and hence the Indo-Chinese cuisine was incorporated in our household . It was in the 1980’s and Chinese food was not that easily available in our town so I always used to look forward for my aunt’s visits and all kind of Chow-Chow and Wai-Wai packets. Manchurian used to be my only dish for my lunch and dinners whenever we used to go to any Chinese restaurant. It was after one of my trips to a Chinese restaurant that I asked my mom if she could make unlimited supply of Manchurian for me. But my mom was bit clueless about the ingredients so during my next few trips to Chinese restaurant , I dissected the Manchurian from every angle . Thus began my never ending experiments with Chinese ingredients. In the last I would like to thanks all the people in my life who became victims of my first few miserable experiments including my family, my relatives , my college friends and the most important my hubby dear, who always tolerate my all experiments without any complains.

4 comments:

  1. Nice write up Anju.Not to forget the noodles look yummy.

    Cheers n Happy Cooking,
    Satrupa

    http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi anju ,
    first time to ur blog ...u got a lovely space here ...ur chow mein looks so inviting ...its my favorite too ..love ur mogodi ki sabji too ...
    if u get time do visit my blog

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anju..
    Chanced upon your site while surfing the web..one wonderful collection you have !..I especially liked your write-ups and presentation style..
    Noodles look tempting..an all time fav!
    Will be here often :)
    do drop by my space sometime.
    Aipi
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anju,

    First time on your blog...amazing presentation...

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com
    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me.