Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dieting made Colorful

Sprouts and Salads have been my favorite since my childhood. The only difference is that earlier I use to eat my sprouts with lot of potato and now I try to avoid potatoes in most of my food. Generally I have heard from People that dieting is very boring and tough. But I believe if diet food is made little colorful and tasty, dieting can become interesting as well. So here I am with few of my favorite diet foods that I generally practice in my daily life.

Sprouts

While I was working, I generally used to carry sprouts for lunch. I also used to see people little bit amazed with the idea of having only sprouts as lunch or breakfast. Traditionally people used to think sprouts as some medicine taken as 10-20 in numbers with an empty stomach and some people still believe that. So here are some colorful ways of using sprouts.

Vegetable Sprout Chat/Mix made of green whole mung beans/Daal,Onion, tomato, Cucumber, green chilli, corriander leaves, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, roasted cumin powder and chat masala. For making  Sprouts little tasty, steamed  the sprouts for 4-5 minutes before adding other ingredients.



Fruits sprouts chaat/mix made of whole moth daal/small red beans, apple, pear,banana, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, roasted cumin powder and chat masala. For a little tasty texture I have also added half boiled and diced potato. For making Sprouts little tasty, steamed the sprouts for 4-5 minutes before adding other ingredients.


Vegetable Sprout Chat/Mix made of black/brown whole chickpeas/Chana Daal,Onion, tomato, Cucumber, green chilli, corriander leaves, salt, black pepper, lemon juice, roasted cumin powder and chat masala.For a little tasty texture I have also added half boiled and diced potato. I also half boil the sprouted beans before adding the salad.                                                                                                            

Salads
To me salad means all the vegetables that can be eaten in raw form or half cooked. I have often seen and heard people getting bored of salads after few days. And yes any food can become boring if repeated over a long period with no variations. Also for some people salad is only a summer food. Generally I love eating half cooked vegetables like Broccoli, mushroom, cabbage, carrots, spinach etc. In winters I switch to the warm version of the salads made with half cookable vegetables . So here are few hot salads from my kitchen for the winter season.


Rainbow Salad made of various color half cooked capsicums and paneer pieces. A little sprinkle of salt, garlic powder, black pepper powder and chat masala gives it a taste of  paneer tikka.


Cabbage Salad made of various color half cooked capsicums, cabbage and finished with a  little sprinkle of salt, garlic powder, black pepper powder , chat masala.




Mushroom and pepper sauted in olive oil for little tenderness and finished with a sprinkle of chinese seasoning. This salad is a mild version of chinese dish Mushroom-Chilli.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your comments are a great source of encouragement for me.